According to the Commercial News, Several departments responded to help battle a motel fire south of Danville early Monday morning.
The fire was reported just before 5:15 a.m. Monday at the Budget Motel, 2516 Georgetown Road.
Westville Area Fire Protection Chief Gary Wright said firefighters arriving on scene found the laundry room of the motel’s L-shaped main building fully involved in flames.
Westville, Catlin and Lynch fire departments were called on for mutual aid as well as Tilton and Georgetown departments. Wright estimated as many as 35 firefighters were on scene.
Wright said the room — around 20 feet by 12 feet — was totally gutted by the blaze and the two washers and a dryer inside destroyed. One additional apartment took some heat and smoke damage as a result of the fire, he added.
The Budget Motel manager on duty at the time originally saw the fire and called it in. Two other apartments were rented at the motel, but the residents of each had already left for the day when the fire was discovered.
Wright said investigators from the Illinois State Fire Marshal were still on scene mid-afternoon Monday searching for a cause for the fire. The fire was not believed to be suspicious.