Help, Support, and Contact Information:

WHPO Radio | 101 Country

Local News & Information

Candle blamed for Apartment Fire

A candle is apparently to blame fore a fire that damaged an aparment in Vermilion Garden Apartments over the weekend.

Danville FD responded to a call for a possible apartment fire at 1223 Garden Drive, Apt G at 11:32a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, there was nothing showing from the outside, said Capt. Dave Milholland. But once inside, firefighters found a fire in one of the bedrooms.
“It appears that a candle in the bedroom was knocked off a dresser and ignited some clothes on the floor,” Milholland said.
The first-floor apartment is one of eight units in a two-story building in the complex, which is off Bowman Avenue on the northeast side of town. According to a report, one of the apartment’s occupants, whose name wasn’t available, as well as other people were in the fire broke out.
But “everybody got out safely,“Milholland said, adding there were no injuries to occupants or firefighters.
Firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 10 minutes.
Damage was estimated at $15,000.

Back to News