Changes or updates in my daily emails will now be highlighted in RED
Region 6 (without UIUC tests) increased to 14.6% (ending 11/17). Vermilion County’s 7-day rolling average decreased to 14.3%. The State continues an upward trend in deaths. All counties, except 1 (Union), are in the warning area.
COVID19 updates on our webpage: https://vchd.org/covid-19/
Mitigation Measures (No new changes at this time)
Tier 3 Begins today!
Please click on the following link for details: https://coronavirus.illinois.gov/s/restore-illinois-mitigation-plan
Update on Cases
Today’s Report (2 days) on Cases: We had 86 new cases and 101 released for a total of 245 active cases. Currently 217 are in home isolation and 28 are hospitalized. We had 5 new hospitalizations with our new cases. We had an additional death who was hospitalized, a gentleman in his 80s. Our hearts go out to his family in friends.
This brings us to a total of 30 deaths.
Today’s cases included, 3 infants, 1 toddler, 5 grade school children, 6 teens, 13 in their 20s, 14 in their 30s, 10 in their 40s, 13 in their 50s, 9 in their 60s, 8 in their 70s, 2 in their 80s, and 2 in their 90s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- Long Term Care / Congregate living
- Schools / Daycares
- Businesses / Industries
- Eating establishments
- Nothing new at this time.
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
Total Negatives: 46,852
Total positives: 2475
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 11/8/2020 - 11/14/2020)
New Cases per 100K: 677
Number of deaths: 7
Test positivity: 14.3%
Tests performed: 3,844
CLI (COVID19 like illness) ED visits (%), Adults: 7.6%
Number of CLI Admissions: 27
Cluster of Cases .6%
ICU (%) Available: 32%
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 11/8/2020-11/14/2020)
Youth Case Increase: 93 Youth Cases (substantial increase) – the prior week we only had 29
New Total Cases: 520 (substantial) – the prior week we had 357
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 11/17)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of positivity currently at 14.6%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 6 days of hospital admission increases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 28%
ICU Bed Availability: 35%
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
- COVID 19 Mobile Testing Van will be here at the Vermilion County Health Department:
- November 27th from 9-4:30
- Testing Results: To get results for mobile testing, you can call 1-888-297-7208. Please wait at least 3-4 days after testing before you call. The State of Illinois Testing Center should call, but this is just in case.
- For Testing locations, please go to the following link: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf
Vaccination Plans (no set dates at this time) http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- Both Pfizer and Moderna have promising results in their COVID19 vaccines and are close to submission for EUA. This could mean vaccines would be available to some of the population by the end of December or early January.
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6