Region 6 (without UIUC tests) increased to 12.4% (ending 12/1). Vermilion County’s 7-day rolling average increased to 15.1%. New Country Metrics came out today, we are still on the warning list.
Update on Cases
Today’s Report on Cases: We had 114 new confirmed cases and 78 released for a total of 312 active cases. Currently 278 are in home isolation and 34 are still hospitalized. One new confirmed death to report today, a gentlewoman in her 90s. Our hearts go out to their friends and family. That increases our total deaths to 44.
New cases for today include: 1 infant, 1 toddler, 1 preschooler, 3 grade school aged children, 9 teens, 26 in their 20s, 13 in their 30s, 14 in their 40s, 22 in their 50s, 12 in their 60s, 10 in their 70s, and 2 in their 80s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- Long Term Care / Congregate living
- Schools / Daycares
- Businesses / Industries / Manufacturing
- Thanksgiving Gatherings
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
Total Negatives: 53,544
Total positives: 3592
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 11/22/2020 - 11/28/2020)
New Cases per 100,000: 658
Number of Deaths: 5
Test Positivity: 15.2%
Test Performed: 3,647
CLI (COVID19 like illness) Visits %, Adults: 8.8%
Number of CLI Admissions: 31
Cluster of Cases: .2%
ICU (%) Available: 31% - this was on 11/28
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 11/22/2020-11/28/2020)
Youth Case Increase: 89 Youth Cases
New Cases: 505 cases
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/1)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 0 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 12.4%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 5 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 24.4% (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 25.8% (In the entire region 6, which includes 21 counties, there are 39 ICU beds available as of today)
Currently, 22% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 43% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
- COVID 19 Mobile Testing Van will be here at the Vermilion County Health Department: Correction on Time
- Testing Results: To get results for mobile testing, you can call 1-888-297-7208. Please wait at least 3-4 days after testing before you call. The State of Illinois Testing Center should call, but this is just in case.
- For Testing locations, please go to the following link: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf
Vaccination Plans (no set dates at this time) http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- Nothing new at this time.
- We are still waiting on the approval guidance from IDPH for the quarantine change. Here is the document from CDC with the changes. Please take caution with this information as to me it seems incomplete on the 7 days with testing as there is no mention that the testing needs to be within 48 hours of release. I do not want people thinking they can get tested the day after their exposure and then be released after 7 FULL days of quarantine. I will keep you posted when IDPH comes out with their guidance. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/quarantine.html (updated 12/2)
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6