Region 6 (without UIUC tests) is at 12.2% (ending 12/4). Vermilion County’s 7-day rolling average decreased to 13.8%. Vermilion County tested 925 (the most we’ve tested in one day) people on 12/4 and had 88 positives for a daily positivity percentage of 9.5%. That brought out rate down quite a bit.
At this time, the vaccine will go to the 50 counties that have the highest death rate in the state. Vermilion County is not one of the 50. We will keep you posted as we know more. Hospitals and Long Term Care Facilities are in the top tier.
Update on Cases
Over the Weekend: We had 131 new cases and 111 releases. We also had 2 additional deaths reported, a gentlewoman in her 80s and a gentleman in his 80s. Our hearts go out to their family and friends.
Today’s Report on Cases: We had 32 new confirmed cases and 30 released for a total of 332 active cases. Currently 298 are in home isolation and 34 are still hospitalized. Today’s count is low because we didn’t have as many people working on cases last night and just a few this morning. We normally turn in all confirmed cases and releases to our CD coordinator at 10AM each day for the daily reporting. We are still about 400 cases behind, with about 50-100 new cases coming in each day.
New cases for today include: 1 toddler, 1 grade school aged children, 2 teens, 7 in their 20s, 6 in their 30s, 6 in their 40s, 6 in their 50s, and 3 in their 60s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
Total Negatives: 55,014
Total positives: 3755
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 11/22/2020 - 11/28/2020)
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 11/22/2020-11/28/2020)
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/4)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 0 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 12.2%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 5 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 29.2% (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 26.0% (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 22% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 43% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/6/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
- COVID 19 Mobile Testing Van
- The mobile testing group tested 75 people on Sunday. Unfortunately, there was a mix up at the state level and the mobile clinic was rerouted to another county. Once the mistake was fixed, they did not get here until almost 12:00 yesterday. We have asked them to come back, but do not have any dates yet.
- Testing Results: To get results for mobile testing, you can call 1-888-297-7208. Please wait at least 3-4 days after testing before you call. The State of Illinois Testing Center should call, but this is just in case.
- For Testing locations, please go to the following link: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- Updated version of the vaccination plan is available.
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6