Update on Cases
Todayâ€™s Report on Cases: We had 40 new confirmed cases and 37 released for a total of 330 active cases. Currently 292 are in home isolation and 38 are hospitalized. We had 1 new hospitalization.
New cases for today include: 1 infant, 6 grade school children, 1 teen, 10 in their 20s, 4 in their 30s, 5 in their 40s, 5 in their 50s, 3 in their 60s, 4 in their 70s and 1 in their 80s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- Congregate Settings: Long Term Care / Correctional Facilities, (we do have these numbers in our active cases / total count. If a staff member /resident lives in a different county, those are not counted and transferred to that county. If they are permanent residents in an LTC or prison, they are counted for Vermilion Count)
- Industries and Manufacturing
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
- CDC Quarantine Guidance Clarification
Total Negatives: 62,089
Total positives: 4421
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/14)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 8.5%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 25.9% (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 29.0% (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 20% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 40% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/16/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- We are hopeful that Moderna will be approved this week and will be shipped out next week. If it does, expect shipments to go directly to providers who are signed up in ICARE and have signed the COVID19 distribution agreement. If you are a provider and would like to be able to give vaccines, please email the state at: email@example.com
· Post Vaccine Considerations for Healthcare: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/post-vaccine-considerations-healthcare-personnel.html
· Post Vaccine Considerations for Long Term Care / Hospital Patients: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/post-vaccine-considerations-residents.html
· MMWR Updates on ACIP Vaccine Recommendations: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/hcp/acip-recs/vacc-specific/covid-19.html
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6