Update on Cases
Numbers for Friday and Saturday, no reports on Sunday: We had 154 new confirmed cases and 151 released. We also had 3 additional deaths. A gentleman in his 60s, a gentleman in his 70s, and gentlewoman in her 60s. Our hearts go out to their family and friends.
Today’s Report on Cases: We had 47 new confirmed cases and 50 released for a total of 327 active cases. Currently 288 are in home isolation and 39 are hospitalized.
New cases for today include: 3 grade school children, 6 teens, 11 in their 20s, 9 in their 30s, 6 in their 40s, 9 in their 50s, 2 in their 60s, and 1 in their 90s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- Congregate Settings: Long Term Care / Correctional Facilities (We have seen a very large increase in our congregate settings) We have not confirmed all the new cases yet, but hope to have those all soon. As you can see, on 12/17 and 12/18, our daily rates below, we had a significant jump in IDPH’s tally of cases, we are still working on confirming those before we report them. This is due to a few current outbreaks.
- Industries and Manufacturing
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
Total Negatives: 64,713
Total positives: 4622
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 12/6-12/12)
New Cases per 100,000: 676
Number of Deaths: 8
Test Positivity: 10.2%
Test Performed: 5,291
CLI (COVID19 like illness) Visits %, Adults: 8.8%
Number of CLI Admissions: 25
Cluster of Cases: 2.5%
ICU (%) Available: 28.2%
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 11/29-12/5)
Youth Case Increase: 68 Youth Cases
New Cases: 519 cases
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/18)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 11 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 9.1%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 25.2% (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 27.3% (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 20% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 39% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/20/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- Vermilion County should be receiving some vaccine this week. This will mainly go to our Hospitals for HCW.
- Long Term Care – Vaccines will be done through the Pharmacy Partnership Program
- CILA Homes – The state is working on a plan currently to address vaccines. Once I know more, I will update on current guidance.
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6