Update on Cases
Today’s Report on Cases: We had 96 new confirmed cases and 78 released for a total of 331 active cases. Currently 293 are in home isolation and 38 are hospitalized.
Deaths: We have finally been able to confirm our outstanding deaths. We are adding 14 additional deaths for Vermilion County. Please note that the dates of deaths range from October 2020 to December 2020, but the majority occurred in November. We had 2 gentlemen in their 60s, 1 in his 70s, and 5 in their 80s. We had 1 gentlewoman in her 70s, 3 in their 80s, and 2 in their 90s. Our hearts go out to all their friends and family. This brings our total number of deaths to 73. About 48% of our total deaths occurred in the month of November alone.
New cases for today include: 1 infant, 2 toddlers, 13 teens, 14 in their 20s, 10 in their 30s, 21 in their 40s, 13 in their 50s, 11 in their 60s, 5 in their 70s, 4 in their 80s, and 2 in their 90s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks
- Congregate Settings: Long Term Care / Correctional Facilities
- Industries and Manufacturing
- IDPH Update (We did not receive our normal attachment today, so here is a link:
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
Total Negatives: 65,379
Total positives: 4718
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 12/6-12/12)
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 11/29-12/5)
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/19)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 11 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 9.0%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 25.0% as of 12/21 (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 28.1% as of (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 20% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 39% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/21/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- Vermilion County should be receiving some vaccine this week. This will mainly go to our Hospitals for HCW.
- Long Term Care – Vaccines will be done through the Pharmacy Partnership Program
- CILA Homes – The state is working on a plan currently to address vaccines. Once I know more, I will update on current guidance.
· ACIP COVID19 Phased Allocation Slides (looks at all phases): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-20/02-COVID-Dooling.pdf
· New ACIP guidance on Allocation of COVID19 Vaccine (Phase 1b, 1c and Phase 2): https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm695152e2-H.pdf
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6