* Region 6 (without UIUC tests) 7-day rolling day positivity Rate is 8.6% (ending 12/25). Vermilion County’s 7-day rolling average decreased to 11.5%.
* Mitigation FAQs were updated on 12/16: https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Essential%20Business%20FAQ.pdf<https://www2.illinois.gov/dceo/Documents/Essential%20Business%20FAQ.pdf>
Update on Cases
Reports from 12/23 -12/27: Of the 635 new cases over the holiday weekend, 519 were from a singular congregated living facility. This is an ongoing outbreak and investigation. The extent of the cases are from 11/14 – 12/23 and we expect to continue to see more cases. 156 cases were released over the weekend which includes 72 from the congregated living facility.
We had an additional death over the weekend, a gentleman in his 50s. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. This brings our total deaths to 74.
Today’s Report: We have 88 confirmed new cases to report and 153 new releases. 705 are at home in isolation and 39 are hospitalized.
New cases for today include: 1 infant, 3 preschool, 3 grade-school children, 3 teens, 11 in their 20s, 10 in their 30s, 11 in their 40s, 12 in their 50s, 13 in their 60s, 13 in their 70s, 3 in their 80s, 4 in their 90s, and 1 in their 100s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks / Exposures
* Congregate Settings: Long Term Care / Correctional Facilities
* Industries and Manufacturing
* Holiday Gatherings
* Nothing new at this time
* IDPH Update
* VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
* December COVID19 Testing Dates Flyer attached – this is a perfect testing opportunity for post-Christmas celebration. (6-7 days after Christmas)
Total Negatives: 68,621
Total positives: 5,441
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics> (From 12/13-12/19)
New Cases Per 100,000: 956 per 100,000 (the week prior we had 676)
Number of Deaths: 4
Test Positivity: 13.7%
Tests Performed: 5,754
CLI (COVID19 Like Illnesses) Visits (%), Adults: 8.4%
Number of CLI Admissions: 28
Cluster of Cases: 51.4% (this would account for the number of outbreaks we are currently having)
ICU (%) Available: 28%
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion> (from 12/13-12/19) If you click on Vermilion County and then click on the Metrics Section, it gives you a lot of visuals for Vermilion County Trends.
Youth Case Increase: 79 Youth Cases
New Cases: 734
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/25 for positivity and 12/27 for ICU/Med Surge Bed Information)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 11 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 8.6%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 31.7% as of 12/21 (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 37.5% as of (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 20% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 36% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/27/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dph.illinois.gov%2fregionmetrics&c=E,1,SrJAzCedeI1zVzqwerNImFBaKVhJ7q_Bb38Gy884N_Gf9_L2YqRagAA5jJDPUrgQyDCtH6VdOygne1QWQa6A4rFgJf-7fgpE_EtpeMiQ&typo=1>
* IDPH Mobile Testing will be here on December 30th and December 31st HERE at the Vermilion County Health Department. FLYER IS ATTACHED for details.
* Testing Results: To get results for mobile testing, you can call 1-888-297-7208. Please wait at least 3-4 days after testing before you call. The State of Illinois Testing Center should call, but this is just in case.
* For Testing locations, please go to the following link: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf<https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf>
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan>
* We are still waiting on vaccine for Vermilion County.
* Vaccine Phase Update (NOTE: This is a CHANGING graphic and will possibly change with the updated Vaccination Plan, but gives you a good visual of who gets the vaccine first)[cid:image006.png@01D6DD2E.2D0E6300]
ACIP COVID19 Phased Allocation Slides (looks at all phases): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-20/02-COVID-Dooling.pdf<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-20/02-COVID-Dooling.pdf>
New ACIP guidance on Allocation of COVID19 Vaccine (Phase 1b, 1c and Phase 2): https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm695152e2-H.pdf<https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm695152e2-H.pdf>
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6>
Vermilion County Hotline - 2-1-1
General Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html>
IDPH Travel Map Guidance: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/travel<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/travel>
Phase 4 Guidelines for Reopening Illinois: https://dceocovid19resources.com/restore-illinois/restore-illinois-phase-4/<https://dceocovid19resources.com/restore-illinois/restore-illinois-phase-4/>
County Level Metrics - http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics>
Regional Level Metrics - http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics>
Releasing COVID-19 from Isolation and Quarantine - https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance/isolation-quarantine<https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance/isolation-quarantine>
Testing Sites and guidance in Illinois: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/testing<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/testing>
Restore Illinois information: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/restore<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/restore>
IDPH Guidance: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance<http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/community-guidance>
Community Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html>