Update on Cases
Today’s Report: We have 91 confirmed new cases to report and 124 new releases. 667 are at home in isolation and 41 are hospitalized. We had an additional 3 deaths; a gentleman in his 40s, a gentlewoman in her 70s and a gentlewoman in her 90s. Our hearts go out to their family and friends. This brings our total number of COVID19 related deaths to 77.
New cases for today include: 3 grade-school children, 9 teens, 3 in their 20s, 4 in their 30s, 16 in their 40s, 6 in their 50s, 20 in their 60s, 11 in their 70s, 10 in their 80s, 7 in their 90s, and 2 in their 100s.
Increased Cases / Outbreaks / Exposures
- Congregate Settings: Long Term Care / Correctional Facilities
- Industries and Manufacturing
- Holiday Gatherings
- IDPH Update
- VCHD Updated Graphic (in both JPG and PDF)
- December COVID19 Testing Dates Flyer attached – this is a perfect testing opportunity for post-Christmas celebration. (6-7 days after Christmas)
Total Negatives: 69,275
Total positives: 5,532
For All the County Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics (From 12/13-12/19)
For County and School Metrics: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/countyschool?county=Vermilion (from 12/13-12/19) If you click on Vermilion County and then click on the Metrics Section, it gives you a lot of visuals for Vermilion County Trends.
Regionally (Region 6) EXCLUDING UIUC Testing (ending on 12/26 for positivity and 12/28 for ICU/Med Surge Bed Information)
Test Positivity 7 Day Rolling Average: 11 consecutive days under 12% threshold, positivity currently at 8.3%
Hospital Admissions 7 Day Rolling Average: 8 days of hospital admission decreases
Med Surge Bed Availability: 29.2% as of 12/21 (below 20% is the threshold)
ICU Bed Availability: 35.8% as of (below 20% is the threshold)
Currently, 19% of all hospital beds in the STATE of Illinois are occupied by COVID and PUI patients and 36% of ICU beds in use are occupied by COVID and PUI patients.
ICU bed count as of 12/28/2020 11:59PM
For Regional Metrics, including the breakdown by county: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics
- IDPH Mobile Testing will be here on December 30th and December 31st HERE at the Vermilion County Health Department. FLYER IS ATTACHED for details.
- Testing Results: To get results for mobile testing, you can call 1-888-297-7208. Please wait at least 3-4 days after testing before you call. The State of Illinois Testing Center should call, but this is just in case.
- For Testing locations, please go to the following link: https://vchd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Testing-Sites-for-Vermilion-County.pdf
Vaccination Plans: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
- We are still waiting on vaccine for Vermilion County.
· ACIP COVID19 Phased Allocation Slides (looks at all phases): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/slides-2020-12/slides-12-20/02-COVID-Dooling.pdf
· New ACIP guidance on Allocation of COVID19 Vaccine (Phase 1b, 1c and Phase 2): https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm695152e2-H.pdf
Updates of Flu
We still have flu shots left. While we have completed our flu clinics, people can still do walk-ins. If you are uncomfortable with coming in, you can request an appointment and we can do a drive thru. You can call 431-2662 ext. 249 for more information.
Positivity Rates: This can also be found at the following link if you want to see the other counties that are in our region. REMINDER: We want it to be UNDER 8%. You will have to scroll down all the way to see them. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=6