Paxton- By the end of this week, Ford County will move to Phase 1B. As stated in the vaccination plan, critical
workforce and those 65 and older will be eligible. Critical workforce in Phase 1B will include Frontline essential
workers, defined as those workers who are essential for the functioning of society and are at highest risk of exposure,
including the following:
• First responders: Firefighters (including volunteers), Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), 911 Dispatch (Public
Safety Answering Point – PSAP), Security Personnel, School Officers. (EMS personnel are considered under Phase
• Corrections Officers/Inmates: Jail Officers, Juvenile Facility Staff, Workers Providing In-Person Support,
• Food and Agriculture Workers: Processing, Plants, Veterinary Health, Livestock Services, Animal Care.
• Postal Service Workers
• Manufacturing Workers: Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other
• Grocery Store Workers: Baggers, Cashiers, Stockers, Pick-Up, Customer Service.
• Public Transit Workers: Flight Crew, Bus Drivers, Train Conductors, Taxi Drivers, Para-Transit Drivers, InPerson Support, Ride Sharing Services.
• Education (Congregate Child Care, Pre-K through 12th grade): Teachers, Principals, Student Support, Student
Aids, Day Care Workers.
• Shelters/Adult Day Care: Homeless Shelter, Women's Shelter, Adult Day/Drop-In Program, Sheltered Workshop,
Ford County Public Health Department continues to ask residents 65 and older to register on our website. Under the
Contact Us tab on FCPHD’s website, residents will be prompted to provide your contact information, including name,
date of birth, address to confirm residency in Ford County, and phone numbers.
FCPHD is expected to receive weekly or bi-weekly shipments of the vaccine. Ford County will continue their
partnership with Gibson Area Hospital to deliver the vaccine for Phase 1B. Gibson Area Hospital is contacting
critical workforce employers to schedule vaccine appointments for their employees. FCPHD encourages employers
to contact the health department as well to document employees’ contact information. Once the critical workforce is
vaccinated, individuals 65 and older will receive a phone call to schedule an appointment with further instructions.
Vaccinations will be given by appointment only.
Ford County Public Health Department
235 North Taft Street
Paxton, IL 60957
January 25, 2021
For Immediate Release
Contact: Megan Reutter, Community Health Educator
Please continue to follow FCPHD’s social media pages, website, and local radio stations for the most current
information. FCPHD wants to thank residents for their patience in this process and continuing to follow the 3W’s of
washing your hands, wearing a mask, and watching your distance to stop the spread of COVID-19.