For updates on Vaccine Sign ups or information on what you need to bring to your appointment, please go to our website: www.vchd.org
Also, for updates on guidance, numbers, etc., please check out IDPH’s COVID19 webpage: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19
Mitigation Updates – Region Six in Phase 4
Current Positivity Rate for Region 6 is: 3.3%
Vermilion County’s Positivity Rate is: 4%
ICU Availability: 49%
11,479 vaccine doses have been administered to Vermilion County residents. 1,976 have been fully vaccinated. Considering we started about 3 weeks behind all the other counties due to our vaccine coming late, I think we are all doing a fantastic job rolling the vaccine out as quickly as we are able to and with what vaccine we have.
We are taking a waiting list now while we wait for vaccine to come in. For Phase 1a and 1b, they may call 217-431-2662 ext. 263 or 264 during the following times and days: 9am-2pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Beginning 2/25 (those with underlying health conditions under the age of 65) may also call to get on a waiting list.
- Age 65+
- First Responders - examples: Fire, law enforcement, 911 workers, security personnel, school officers
- Education (Congregate Child Care, Pre K through 12th grade) – examples: Teachers, principals, student support, student aids, day care workers
- Food and Agriculture – examples: Processing, plants, veterinary health, livestock services, animal care
- Manufacturing – examples: Industrial production of good for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufactures
- Corrections Workers and Inmates – examples Prison/jail officers, juvenile facility staff, workers providing in person support, inmates
- United State Postal Services Workers
- Public Transit Workers – examples: Flight crew, bus drivers, train conductors, taxi drivers, paratransit drivers, in person support, ride sharing services
- Grocery Store Workers – examples: Baggers, cashiers, stockers, pick-up, customer service
- Shelters/Adult Day Care – examples: Homeless shelter, women's shelter, adult day/drop-in program, sheltered workshop, psycho social rehab
We did get a slight increase in our projected allotment, but is only a projection, so fingers crossed it will continue to grow. We continue to work with Carle and OSF, but remember, that our county allotment is shared between providers, so everyone will be impacted.
Questions / Concerns / New Guidance
- Many people are experiencing more symptoms with their 2nd dose about 12-48 hours after their vaccine. While this is normal, please be prepared if you have had multiple staff go through clinics and how it might have an effect on your organization / business.